Saturday, August 4, 2012

English Muffins, Part 1

I'm making English muffins this evening!  We have a half gallon of buttermilk in the fridge that needs to be used up, so when I went searching for recipes, I made sure to pick one that used buttermilk.  Out of the few recipes I found, I decided on the one with the shortest ingredient list and instructions (since I'm certain that shortness = easiness), and it just so happens that this particular recipe uses whole wheat and all-purpose flour.  Yay for unintentional health benefits! :)




I mixed and kneaded the dough and I just set it in the garage to rise.  Our garage gets very warm, especially in the summer, so it's the perfect place for bread to rise.  In about an hour I'll go check on the dough to see if it has doubled.


No comments:

Post a Comment